Disney Plus is a relatively new entrant in the streaming service world, but it is easily one of the best out there. There is absolutely no reason for you not to sign up for Disney Plus. In fact, if there is only one streaming service you must sign up for, I’ll say its Disney Plus.
The streaming service has a massive content library that includes some iconic and popular movies and TV shows. Several original programs for Disney Plus based on some iconic characters are also in the pipeline that further makes the service more attractive. Disney Plus has had a limited launch so far, but Walt Disney Studios is working on expanding its availability to more parts of the world.
Is Disney Plus Available in Your Country?
Right now, Disney Plus is available in a handful of EU countries and other parts of the world. Below is a list of all the countries where it is available:
- New Zealand
- Peurto Rico
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Eastern European Countries – First half of 2021
- Other Western European Countries- First half of 2020
Disney Plus Trial
There is a free 7-day trial of Disney Plus that you can use to try out the service. Unlike other streaming services, it does not offer any kind of free ad-supported streaming tier.
Disney Plus Subscription Benefits
Apart from access to a wide array of content, there are other benefits associated with a Disney Plus subscription as well.
- Up to 4 simultaneous 4K streams
- 4K HDR streaming support
- User profile support (Up to 7)
Disney Plus Subscription Price
If you take a yearly subscription to Disney Plus, you will only have to pay for ten months.
- United States – $6.99/month | $69.99 yearly
- Canada – $8.99CAD/month | $89.99 CAD yearly
- Netherlands – €6.99/month | €69.99 yearly
- Australia – $8.99 AUD/month | $89.99 AUD yearly
- New Zealand – $9.99 NZ/month | $99.99 NZ yearly
- UK – £5.99/month | £59.99 yearly
- Ireland – €6.99/month | €69.99 yearly
- Germany – 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly
- Austria – 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly
- India – Rs 399/year or Rs 1,499/year
- Italy – 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly
- Spain – 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly
- France – 6,99€/month | 69,99€ yearly
- Switzerland – 9.9CHF/month | 99CHF yearly
Disney Plus and Hulu Bundle
Currently, Disney Plus offers one bundle with a Basic Hulu plan and ESPN Plus subscription in the United States for just $12.99 per month. The main intention behind this bundling of three services is that you can save up to $5 per month. The basic Hulu plan has ads, though there is a workaround via which you can get Hulu’s ad-free subscription and Disney+ for in a single bundle.
Refer the following table to get an idea about the pricing :
|Plan name||Hulu only monthly price||Disney+ Bundle monthly price|
|Hulu (No Ads)||$11.99||$18.99|
|Hulu + Live TV||$54.99||$61.99|
|Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV||$60.99||$67.99|
How to Sign Up for Disney Plus
Step 1: Go to Disneyplus.com.
Step 2: Click on the Sign-Up button on the top-right corner.
Step 3: Proceed to enter your details, including the payment details.
You will first get to enjoy a 7-day free trial of the service before your subscription begins, and you are charged for it. You can cancel your subscription anytime during the trial period to avoid being charged for it.
Can You Share Your Disney Plus Subscription?
One Disney Plus subscription supports seven user profiles and up to 4 simultaneous 4K streams. What this means is that while one Disney Plus subscription can be shared among seven people, only four can stream content from it at any given time. For a hassle-free experience, it is recommended that you share your Disney Plus subscription with only three other people.