If you choose Netflix Standard and Premium plans, it lets you create multiple profiles. So if you plan to share your Netflix account with various friends and family, each of these profiles will maintain their respective viewing activity, watch list, and so on. In this guide, we will share how you can use Netflix with multiple friends using Profiles.
How to share Netflix with multiple friends using Profiles
- Remove Child Profile from Netflix account
- Setup Netflix Profile
- Educate friends
1) Remove Child Profile from Netflix account
Netflix Standard and Premium plans allow one to use it parallelly on multiple devices. The Standard plan supports two devices, and the Premium plan works on four devices. Both of them also include a Child profile which curates a list suitable only for kids.
Assuming you are not sharing your account with a kid, you can choose to delete Kids profile. It allows you to have an extra profile which someone else can use while sharing. Removing the child profile will make sure you can share the Netflix account with four additional friends.
2) Setup Netflix Profile
The next step is to set up the profiles for your friends. While they can do it, I suggest you set it up and educate them on how to use it.
- Click on the Profile icon on the top right and then click on Manage Profiles.
- It will display all profiles with an edit icon on existing ones. Click on Add Profile button
- Fill in the following
- Enter a name, and add an image to help friends visually differentiate when they log in for the first time.
- Leave the kid selection box on the right unchecked.
- Select the default language and maturity level for the profile.
Click on the continue button, and the profile is ready.
3) Educate Friends on how to use the profile
Each profile is like a personal account for your friends. When they log in for the first time, they will be asked to choose a profile. Teach them to use their profile when asked. It will help them keep a tab on their viewing activity and other profile-based settings.
Once they choose a profile, they will not be asked again, at least on mobile devices. On Desktop, if they log in or open Netflix after a while, they will be prompted to choose one.
That’s how easy it is to create and manage profiles on Netflix. You can change maturity level and language any time by coming back to the Manage Profiles option.