Instagram Reels has seen immense growth in popularity after the TikTok Ban in India. Reels from Instagram allows users to create and share videos and add filters and music to the videos. Moreover, Reels allow users to share videos exceeding their conventional followers. With Instagram reels, users can create 15-second videos, take part in popular challenges, and more. However, if you’re looking to download and either save or share the reels on other platforms; this post will guide you on how to download Instagram Reels on Android and iPhones.
How to Download Instagram Reels on Android and iPhones
The reels have various videos, from sharing a trip with friends to simply sharing parts of your day. There are a couple of methods using which one could download or save Instagram Reels videos on their smartphones, varying from using a third-party alternative, using the screen recorder to saving it locally using the official method.
- Save Instagram Reels
- Download Instagram Reels via a Third Party Application
- Using a Screen Recorder
You can use any of the methods, but make sure to use the one that fits best for you.
1] Save Instagram Reels
- Open the Instagram application, head over to the search bar, and open the Reels video you would like to save.
- Conventionally, you could also find a Reel by visiting a user’s profile and taping on the Reels tab present right next to the IGTV tab and then choose a video.
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon and tap on Save.
- Now, to find the saved Reels video, head over to Instagram’s main page, click on your profile three-lined icon present and navigate to Settings -> Account -> Saved.
- Here you’ll find all your saved Posts and Videos.
2] Download Instagram Reels
If you arent interested in saving the Reel in Instagram and instead would like to have it stored on your device locally, here’s what you can do:
- If you’re an Android user, head over to Google Play and download Video Downloader for Instagram; for an iOS user, head over and download InSaver for Instagram from the App Store.
- Once the app has been successfully installed, open it, grant the permissions, and set it up.
- Next, head over to Instagram, find the reel you’d like to download, and open it up.
- Here, click on the three-dotted icon, and choose Copy Link.
- Now, move on to the downloaded application, and you’ll find the link you recently copied. Paste it here. Next, click on the download button.
- With this, you will now find the video saved to your gallery. You can now share the video with others on other social media platforms.
3] Use a Screen Recorder
Recording the screen could be one of the simplest ways to download a reel on your smartphone. Here’s how to do so:
3.1] On an iPhone
- On an iPhone, Open Instagram, navigate to the Reels video which you would like to download.
- Next, swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen to unveil the Control Centre, which houses the Screen Recording toggle.
- Here, click on Start Recording to start recording the video, and play the reel video on Instagram.
- Once the video has finished playing, either pull the control center and tap on Stop Recording or stop the screen recording by tapping the red bar at the top and choosing Stop.
- With this, the video will now be automatically be saved in the Photos app.
3.2] On an Android
- On an Android smartphone, one can use the built-in screen recorder or use a third-party application for the same, such as Mobizen.
- Head over to Instagram, open the reel you’d like to download. Next, pull down the notification panel, and from the quick toggles, choose the Screen Recorder and click on Start Recording.
- Now, go back to Instagram and play the video. Once the video has finished playing, stop the screen recording by clicking on the Stop button.
- With this, you will find the recording saved in the gallery.
That said, how much time do you spend on Instagram every day? Do let us know by dropping a comment below.