One of the most annoying things about Netflix is that it automatically plays a preview of any TV show/movie or content on your homepage. It is one thing to play the trailer when you explicitly tap on a show to see more details about it. But Netflix tends to autoplay previews even when you are on the homepage and simply looking at content to watch. In this post, we will show how you can disable Autoplay on Netflix (Episodes and Previews).
Netflix Finally Adds Option to Disable Autoplay Episodes and Previews
Despite how annoying autoplaying previews are, Netflix took its own sweet time in offering its subscribers an option to disable them. The good thing is Netflix has gone one step ahead and also added an option to disable autoplaying of the next episode in a series. If you end up binge-watching episodes of a TV series despite not wanting to, definitely disable this option.
How to Disable Autoplaying Previews in Netflix on the Web
- Open Netflix in the browser
- Click on the down arrow next to your profile icon
- Select Manage Profiles from the menu.
- In the next screen, select the profile you’d like to update with this option
- Uncheck the box which says
- Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices.
- Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices.
Change Autoplay Settings on Mobile
- Launch the Netflix app, and click on the hamburger menu at the bottom right
- Tap on the Account menu. It will open Netflix Account on the default browser.
- Once you sign-in, scroll to find Playback settings. Tap on it.
- Uncheck the options for autoplay next episode and autoplay previews.
There might be a little delay for the settings to take effect. To instantly apply the settings, you can switch to another profile, and then switch back to yours. It will force reload your profile and the updated settings.
How things look after you disable autoplay?
After you have disabled auto playback of the next episode, you will get a preview of the next episode with the ‘Next episode’ button at the bottom right. Only when you click on it, it will start playing the next episode.
I hope the tutorial was easy to follow, and you were able to disable Netflix Autoplay episodes, and Autoplay previews feature.
If you are still facing any issues, drop a comment below, and we will help you out!