Facebook is one of the best social media platforms for marketing online. Facebook has evolved into more than an online social network. It has become a way to stay in touch with friends and family. As a business center, it has attracted large and small companies alike. Facebook pages provide their fans information about businesses, causes, celebrities, brands, and other organizations. However, when administrators of Facebook pages think to change the name of their pages due to rebranding or any other reason, they want to know how to do the work properly? It was impossible to do so a few years ago, but now, with so many changes to Facebook, it is possible to change the Facebook name and Facebook Page Name.
It will help if you keep certain things in mind before starting the name-changing process. You won’t change your Facebook name if you don’t do it the right way. So, read the following recommendations carefully:
- You must be the admin of the Page that you wish to rename.
- You should carefully consider the name of your new Page. If you have chosen the correct name, spell it carefully and see if it is the one you want. When you misspell your name or change your mind right after requesting a change, Facebook won’t allow you to change it again.
- A Facebook page name can consist of up to 75 characters, but this should be more than enough for a short and simple name. There is plenty of space in the About section to add or describe anything else you wish.
- You can’t name your page official unless it’s the official Page for a place, brand, public figure, or organisation.
- Furthermore, it must not contain any abusive terms or violate anyone’s rights.
- It cannot be capital letters, generic words like coffee, or geographical locations like London.
- There cannot be any wrong capitalisation.
- There should be no unnecessary punctuation, symbols, slogans, descriptions in the page title section.
- Variations of Facebook itself are banned.
Facebook allows you to change your name. If you are not satisfied with your current name or want to improve it, you can follow these steps to modify your Facebook profile name.
Using Facebook’s Mobile App:
- Open your Facebook App
- Identify a naming standard.
- Tap the three lines on the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy > Click on Settings.
- Click on Personal and Account Information > Click on Name.
- Type your name > Select Review Change.
- Click on Save Changes
Using Facebook’s Website:
- Click in the top-right corner of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click on the Edit option next to Name.
- Enter your name and click Review change.
A Facebook Page is a great way to attract customers and their attention to your brand, business, and project. Once you have established one, you might want to consider changing its name over time. You need to follow these steps for doing it:
- Open your Facebook > Log in to your account > Go to Pages.
- Open your Page on Facebook > Click on Settings in the bottom left corner of the Page.
- Now, click the Edit Page Info buttonfrom the sidebar.
- In the General section, you’ll now find the Name option.
- Click anywhere outside the page name box, and replace the current name with thenew Page name.
- Click on Save Changes to save your new name.
- You’ll get a name change confirmation request > Click on Request Change.
Facebook will now review your request. After you choose a new name for your Facebook page that matches Facebook’s guidelines, you will receive a notification confirming that it’s been approved.
Why Can’t I Change the Name of My Facebook page?
Facebook can sometimes prevent you from changing the name of your Page. There may be several reasons for this:
- You are not an administrator of the Facebook page you want to rename.
- You’ve changed your page name recently.
- Your page name was renamed recently by another administrator.
- There are limits imposed on your Page — if you, or another admin, don’t have an authentic profile and violate Facebook’s policies; if your page title or content is misleading; if the content violates Facebook’s hate speech policies.
- The Page you have is regional and falls under a global page.
The admins of Facebook pages are usually allowed to change their page names once a week. The consequence is that if you misspelled the new name or changed your mind about it, you’ll be unable to change it again for another week. Changing your page name too often may cause Facebook to regard your Page as spammy. Make sure the name you are choosing is appropriate for the content you post, and then make the change once you are confident.
Changing the name doesn’t change the web URL. Although Facebook did not allow changing page URLs or usernames in the past, you can do so quickly in 2019 if you’re an admin. Follow these steps to update your Facebook username and URL:
- Go to your Facebook Page
- Click on About on the left side of the Page.
- Click on the Edit option on the right side of your Username.
- Type in the new Username> Click on Create Username.
As you may have noticed, the URL of your Page has also changed.
Even if you already have a large following on Facebook, you might still want to keep them informed about your Page when they search for it.
Whenever you successfully change the name of your Facebook Page, the old name still appears in the search results when people search for it by the old name. People will notice the new name of your Page, however, when they visit it.
If enough time passes, Facebook may eventually include the new name in search results under the old name. Accordingly, changing your Facebook Page name doesn’t affect the searchability it has for existing followers.
Several reasons might cause your Facebook page to have limits:
- Some of the admins of your Page do not have genuine profiles.
- Admins on your Page continue to violate Facebook policies.
- Your Page has a misleading name.
- People who follow or like your Page might be misled by the content you post.
- There is hate speech content on your Page, which is against Facebook’s policies.
Sometimes when you grow your business, you need to make adjustments, including a username change. To change your Page username, you need to follow these steps:
- Below the Name field, type a unique username that reflects your Page’s name in the Username field.
- Click on any blank space on the web app and wait for Facebook to apply the new change.
Facebook does not require approval when changing the Username of a Page.
I hope this post will help you know how to change your Facebook Name and Facebook Page Name.